This morning we went to the other side of our hotel and saw a typical Nanjing neighborhood. It was different from the front side of our hotel. It had a lot of apartment buildings that had bars on the windows with laundry hanging from them. The streets were very narrow and there were a lot of people leaving for work and school. Street vendors lined the streets. They were selling all kinds of things from produce to meat to fish to eggs. There were a lot of things I had never seen before and didn't know what they were. And there were some people cooking on the side of the street and many people were lined up to buy what they were making. One woman was making a burrito type thingy on a big metal drum that was heated from underneath. Another man was making some kind of fried bread. A lot of people were waiting for his food.
I took some photos and posted them below.
We also went to the city wall and a silk brocade museum. More on that tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now!
Breeda
1 comment:
Hi Breeda,
What an amazing and wonderful adventure of love you are having! Your family is such an inspiration, and I am so thrilled to be sharing in your journey. Your blog entries and photos are terrific! I think you should seriously consider publishing this diary.
I can't believe it has only been one week since I saw you. With all you have done it seems much longer.
I look forward to seeing you all when you arrive in Franklin Lakes.
Have a happy and safe trip home!
Much love,
Ms. Kilduff
Post a Comment